This policy is limited to the configuration and operation of Six of One’s website. For further information on how personal information is handled in the overall society, please refer to the Six of One Society Details and Basis for Operation, in particular, the section on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following data from you:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- MAC or IP Address
You can, however, visit our site anonymously at any time.
Why do we collect your information?
Your information is collected to allow us to respond to specific enquiries and requests related to membership of the society as well as allowing users to leave feedback.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To allow us to respond directly to any user enquiries made through contact forms.
- To improve our service to you by evaluating feedback and information from you.
- To produce website utilisation statistics and understand user trends.
Please see the sub-sections below for specific use-cases.
- Name and Email address have been defined as mandatory fields and the submission of your Telephone Number is optional.
- While it is possible to use a “nickname” in the name field, certain enquiries will require the users real name in order to validate their details against the membership database.
- Full membership details are held in a database outside the website and there is no automated exchange of data between the two entities.
- The site includes a Guestbook for users to leave comments and feedback etc. Users are not required to use real names, but a real name is useful if any response is required.
- All details left on the Guestbook are visible to the “public” and the degree to which users are identifiable to others will depend on the level of detail submitted.
- If a user wishes to leave feedback while remaining invisible to other users, then the appropriate contact form should be used.
Membership and Convention Registration
- While the website has the facility to register for membership and attendance at the annual conventions, all payment transactions are handled by Paypal and as such, user details are neither handled nor stored by the site.
- No cookies or tracking data are used on the website, other than the standard, minimum set that are automatically imposed by the web hosting provider. These can be viewed by clicking the "Find out More" link in the cookie management section when the home page is first loaded.
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
Access to the site is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure communication between ends user devices and the web servers cannot be intercepted.
Physical and logical access to the website hosting facility is controlled by our hosting provider – Freeola, whose information is stored on their own servers in the UK, in secure data centres where security access to the site is strictly monitored.
As previously stated, all card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider. No payment information is stored by us.
Who has access to your information?
The website administrator and stated email recipients of the defined contact forms have access to your information. For more information, please raise a Privacy & Information enquiry on the Contact page.
How long is my information stored?
Different types of data are stored for different amounts of time. You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted at any time. For more information, or to request that we delete your data, please raise a Privacy & Information enquiry on the Contact page.